Asics and Brooks brand shoes are some of the best and most popular shoes for support and plantar fasciitis relief. Below we have gathered the best of those brands that help plantar fasciitis pain relief. To See all Shoes for running see our men’s and women’s list of running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
Best Asics Shoes
1) ASICS GEL-Nimbus 16 Lite-Show
“Purchased for my son with plantar fasciitis. These are his go to shoes now for comfort.”
“…best I’ve found for providing support and leaving me with the least amount of heel pain”
“… husband runs 5-10 miles per day and these shoes last 3-4 months he has,less back and hip pain…”
- Heel measures approximately 1.5″
- Rear-foot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- Guidance Line: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- 11.4 ounces
2) ASICS GEL-Kayano 21 Lite-Show
“… Definitely can walk with these for hours and, helps with my plantar fasciitis a lot! …”
“…pain free running”
“Right after my first run I could feel the difference in the way my foot felt after running, especially after I had cooled off, there was no residual pain…”
- Enhanced safety in low-light conditions
- Perfect distance shoe for mild/moderate overpronators.
- Intense stability and support
- Excellent Impact protection for long runs
- New antimicrobial ComforDry X-40 Sockliner
3) ASICS GEL-Nimbus 16
“…I have wide feet and generally stick with NB due to Plantars. So glad I tried these….”
“Part of the combo that’s helping greatly with my plantar fascitis…”
“…These shoes literally made my heel pain go down by half the first day of wearing them. By day five, I have very little pain at all…”
“I was suffering from plantar fasciitis…These sneakers were highly recommended, while they are not a “cure” they have definitely helped me with stability and cushioning…”
“I periodically have chronic plantar fasciitis and these shoes make that disappear in about a week of wearing them…”
- distance shoe for underpronators/neutral runners
- FluidFit – upper technology utilizes a combination of multi-directional stretch mesh and stretch reinforcements to create a glove-like fit.
- lightweight FluidRide mid-sole provides ultimate bounce back and cushioning.
Best Brooks Shoes
1) Brooks Glycerin 11
“…No knee or foot pain and great mileage out of them…”
“…never worn a running shoe as comfortable as the glycerine and after 350 miles I have been pain free in my feet and knees…”
- Ideal for medium to high arches
- Ideal Pressure Zones distribute pressure evenly under your foot, transforming your run into a more comfortable and effortless ride from heel to forefoot.
- Weighs 11.8 ounces
2) Brooks Glycerin 13
3) Brooks Beast 12
- Mesh Rubber sole Brooks’ top-of-the-line motion control shoe provides excellent performance for heavy-to-severe overpronators.
- Full-Foot Brooks DNA Cushioning Technology – automatically and physically adapts with each foot strike to provide the optimal balance of cushioning and stability personalized for each runner and each step
- Brooks BioMogo – the first-ever biodegradeable running shoe midsole; our non-toxic, natural additive to the midsole enables it to biodegrade 50x faster than other midsoles without changing the performance or useful life of the shoe. This eco-friendly technology won Runner’s World International “Best Innovation” Award in 2006