Top 5 Best Mens Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
Finding the right footwear can be a chore, especially if you have some medical conditions like plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis itself is treatable, and on a good day, you might feel a sharp jolt on your heel for once or twice a day. But on a bad day, you would feel very much impaired and dread the idea of walking. But wearing the right shoes can alleviate some of your pain. With the summer months approaching, it is important to find the right pair of sandals to alleviate your pain and make you feel comfortable in the warmer months.
Pay Attention to the Material
Invest in a pair of sandals with high-quality materials, like leather, rather than synthetic, man-made materials that will quickly break down and trap heat inside the shoe. The material is important because stronger, more high-quality materials provide better support for your feet. Even brands that offer memory foam that contours to the feet might not be the best choice, especially for the price. While a pair of high quality sandals is something you should definitely include in your budget, keep in mind that a high price tag does not always mean you are buying a high-quality shoe. When making the investment, pay attention to the material, avoiding those that will break down and wear out quickly. A good pair of sandals should last a few years.
1) Ecco Yucatan
“I have moderate plantar fasciitis and I can wear these all day without any discomfort whatsoever.”
“After many years of suffering with plantar fasciitis and trying many brands of sandals from Mephisto to Clark … I have finally discovered ECCO sandals”
“Very sturdy product for his Plantar Fasciitis–controls motion and provides the needed support.”
- Open-toe sport sandal featuring stretch underlay and three adjustable hook-and-loop straps
- Nubuck leather upper with two side bars, 3-point adjustability and neoprene lining for a soft and comfortable fit
- Lightweight moulded EVA footbed with soft microfiber cover for supreme cushioning and superior stability
- Direct-injected PU midsole foam provides long-lasting cushioning and outstanding everyday walking comfort
- Durable rubber outsole for outstanding grip and traction on varied terrain
2) OOFOS Unisex OOriginal
“…A must have for plantar fasciitis.”
“They work great for Plantar Fasciitis which I’ve had for 12 years and the surgery to fix it. You won’t be disappointed.”
“I have severe plantar fasciitis and these are amazing.”
- Heel measures approximately 1″
- Platform measures approximately 1. inches
- Simple molded flip-flop featuring textured footbed and small cutout at strap
- Absorbs 37% more shock than other materials
- moisture resistant , doesn’t retain smell , durable and machine washable
3) OluKai Ohana Sandal
” I have flat feet and occasional Plantar Fasciitis on one foot and these are very comfortable for those issues.”
“He was having problems with plantar fasciitis and after I bought these for him that problem had lessened significantly.”
“I’ve been battling plantar fasciitis for over a year and decided to try these sandals out after an exhaustive search. All I can say is, WOW, they fit great, my heal feels 90% better and I can wear the sandals for hours without any pain or discomfort”
- Made in USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- The classic ‘Ohana is your go-to choice for simple everyday style. Soft nylon toe post webbing, laser-etched logo, and embroidered detail. Weather-resistant and floats.
- OUTSOLE Non-marking rubber outsole with a coral reef lug design for added grip.
- FOOTBED Anatomical compression-molded; EVA midsole with ICEVA drop-in footbed for personalized fit.
- VEGAN FRIENDLY Our vegan friendly footwear offers the durability, traction and support you expect from OluKai while using 100% high-quality synthetic materials, 0% animal products.
- WATER READY Lightweight, quick-drying, breathable and durable materials built for in and around water.
4) KEEN Men's Newport H2 Sandal
“I highly recommend them for someone with Plantar Fasciitis.”
“I bought these for my dad for his birthday since he has plantar fasciitis and has a hard time finding shoes that support his feet and knees. He tried them on and immediately felt that they were extremely comfortable. He has worn them now for a week and his feet and legs feel great.”
” I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes were comfortable enough to wear all day at the beach.”
- Washable polyester webbing
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Non-marking rubber outsole with razor siping sole
- Platform measures approximately 1.5
- Metatomical EVA footbed, Multi directional lug pattern for increased traction
- PFC Free materials, Secure fit lace capture system, TPU stability shank
5) Spenco Men's Yumi Flip Flop Sandal
“I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes are great.”
“I have plantar fasciitis, and flat sandals give me foot pain really bad. …these do give GREAT COMFORTABLE SUPPORT! ”
“Cured my plantar fasciitis! I can walk without pain.”
- Rubber sole
- Thong sandal featuring arch support, deep heel cup, and compression-molded EVA footbed
- Zero-drop heel lift
Best Mens Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis Runners Up
Vionic Mens boyes -rating 4.40
Vionic Wave Toe Post Sandal -rating 4.4
It Is Not a Massager
Many people often think that orthopedic sandals also work as massagers for your feet. This common misconception occurs with misleading marketing, as well as reviews and testimonies about how the sandals feel like a massage machine or give the same result as one. Always remember that sandals should provide supportive footwear like trainers and another type of shoes. There is no feature or magical material that will cure your plantar fasciitis.
Above everything else, when searching for the right sandal for your plantar fasciitis, you must put your comfort and budget first. Invest in high-quality materials and support that will last several years and alleviate your plantar fasciitis pain.